Heading to the beach this summer? Claire is here to tell you about all the incredible things that can be found when you go exploring in the sand - and some of them may surprise you!
How to make a torn paper beach collage
You will need:
- White paper
- Shells or other beachcombing finds - make sure the shells are empty
What to do:
- Paint one piece of paper with ‘sea’ colours, such as blues and greens, in wavy patterns.
- Paint one piece of paper with ‘beach’ colours.
- Paint one piece of paper with land colours, such as browns and greens.
- Paint the top of one piece of paper with ‘sky’ colours.
- Tear the ‘sea’ coloured paper and the ‘sand’ coloured paper into wavy strips. Try to have white bits of the paper showing.
- Glue the strips onto a spare piece of paper to make sand and waves.
- Cut out a land shape and glue above the sea.
- Glue on the shells or other beachcombing finds onto the beach.
Get creative at home and tag your work on social media #QMNetwork #museumathome